Monday, March 25, 2013

|REVIEW| Etude House Sweet Recipe Cupcake All-over color in Peach Sugar Cake


Greetings and Happy week! Today is Monday and I have a new review for you! Cupcake All Over Color in Peach Sugar Cake OR202 by Etude House!

All Over Color means you can use it on your eyelids, cheeks, lips and anywhere you want (you can be creative)! 




The Colour: Pastel Peach leaning towards Coral shade, reminds me of VIP Girl Miss Tangerine Lipstick OR205 but the colour on the swatch looks different. Also there are similarities with the Dear My Lips-talk OR204.


It looks like the Peach Sugar Cake is a lighter shade and less pigmented than OR204. But its undertone is the most pink of three.
Vip Girl Miss Tangerine OR205 with the Peach Sugar Cake
The scent: Smells like peach!


Above there are the swatches, the one on the right is the product spread on my arm and this is how it looks like if you use it as a blush. The finish is semi-matte with no moisture, something not so good if applied on lips.

My lips are dry and chappy, the cupcake color didn't help at all


It doesn't really set well on my lips even after I apply lip butter. Maybe it's just my lips!


The consistency: When seen in the pot, it looks like lip balm but it's more thick and not transparent. Etude House made it look like mousse for the promo photos but you need a big amount of the product to make it look like cream. I'd have to scoop some with a spatula and I don't really want to ruin it.

The packaging: Sweet recipe line is one of the cutest looking line by Etude House so far IMO. I like how the pot of Cupcake all over color "balms" look like. It seems that the container has the exact same shape as the old version of Cupcake eyeshadow.

As Lip color: I wouldn't use it as a lipstick again because it's not moisturizing enough for my dry lips. Even if I use lip butter, it just doesn't set well.

As blush: I would recommend to everybody because it has semi-matte finish and I believe it would suit oily cheeks something I don't have, so I can't tell for sure. It spreads nicely and stays for hours. Build-able as well.

As Eye shadow: It looks nice on the lids but it creases after an hour or so. My eyelids are oily so I don't know if it would crease on dry eyelids. Also, it's not sticky.

MY RATING:
I love the colour and the semi-matte finish but I can only use it as blush.

Google Friend Connect is going to be removed on the 1st of July 2013, so I kindly ask you to follow me on Bloglovin', Google+ or nuffnangX instead. If there is any other website that I can use for people to follow my blog, please feel free to tell me with a comment!

Not much time left to win Sweet Recipe Products including this one on my Giveaway post HERE!

Thank you for reading!
-Eva


21 comments:

  1. Loving this! *O*

    google friend connect is gonna be removed reaally!? :( i like google friend connect to see those kind of blogs :/ shit... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we all gonna get forced to use Google+ (which I dun like) or Bloglovin' to follow the blogs we love! There is a setting on bloglovin' that you can import the "blogs you follow" list from GFC.

      Delete
  2. I want to get ne of this cute Sweet Recipe Cupcake for my cheeks *^*
    I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get one of this for me! Love Etude products!
    The ackage is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is supper cute ~
    but that's too bad, it's not looks good on your lips.. I have dry lips too.. maybe it won't works well on me too ~~

    Followed you on bloglovin :D~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Etude house has the cutest packages I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gmarket mislabled this (and commented wrongly in your past post) ahahaha but this is the one that I like because it's multi-purpose. it doesn't look on the lips though and maybe if I'll have this, I'll mix it with the skin boost from the body shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I see! It'd probably work if you mix it with the boost ^^

      Delete
  7. And this is main reasons why this product disappointed me and I decided not to buy it (u____u). More however that does not mean it's a bad product, but for promotional photos I was expecting something quite different :/, it reminds me of my set of SHINI Star lip balms. Thanks for color comparison Eva, now I want even more to buy the Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk in OR204 °(>3<)°, hopefully it will be soon back in stock!x'3 Hope you are having a really nice day! Take care please!!( ^ω^)ノ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post...I like your cute blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the color a lot, this I'd buy and only use as a blush, though. I have the same lips (dry and a little peely) so I usually like lip butters/moisture formulas for my lips.

    Great review! I love the swatch comparisons!

    My blog: http://cake-pie.com/
    Asian Beauty Community here: http://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to buy this blush...

    Great review! all other swatches I've seen do not show good the color and texture ... thanks for some honest swatches

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks tasty ;)

    Greetings from Poland,

    Caayenne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This colour is so lovely!!! <3 <3 <3 I think I'll use this a lot as blush. I can't wait that you send me my giveaway because I've never tested products of Etude House and I really want to try it *^*

    Greetings from Vintage Nails and Alis-Kai in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taking me so long! I'm going to send them in a few days ^^

      Delete
  13. I do have the same product, yes it's a very bad idea for using it on lip even tough it can used on lips, makes my lips so dry T,T same with you even I apply lipbalm first still dry, I just can help my self with it's packaging and color, such a cute and sweet product >_< Thanks for reviewing ^^

    Me971113.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this one too! Couldn't agree more about its function as lip color.. It really dry my lips (even though I have scrub my lips and put lip balm or lip butter) I'd prefer to use this as eyeshadow or blush on. I have oily skin type and this really work for it!
    I love your blog btw! ;) Are u on femaledaily too?

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your thoughts and commments on my posts is very important to me so feel free to comment your opinions. I will read them all and I'll try my best to reply to all of them! (^__^) Have a nice day~!

Thank you very much for visiting my blog!

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...